ST Telemedia Releases Inaugural Sustainability Report 2021
- Future-first sustainability roadmap, including pledging to be net-zero carbon by 2022, underscores ST Telemedia’s commitment to its purpose and to spark an ecosystem of inclusive and sustainable growth
SINGAPORE, 26 July 2022 – ST Telemedia (STT), a strategic investor focused on communications and media, data centres and infrastructure technology businesses globally, today announced the launch of its inaugural Sustainability Report 2021.
The report outlines the company’s strategic approach across three key pillars – environmental stewardship; social responsibility; and good governance – and provides details on the initiatives implemented, and the progress made, following the initiation of the ST Telemedia Sustainability Framework in October 2021. The Framework is in line with STT’s purpose to ‘Ignite Enduring Change’ and marked the formalisation of the company’s commitment to being a responsible business and operating sustainably, including supporting the creation of responsible business models and facilitating enriched social experiences.
While STT may be in the early chapters of its formal sustainability journey, the concept of sustainability has been etched in the company’s DNA since inception. It is one of the guiding principles steering STT’s approach to investing in and managing its portfolio companies and investments. STT’s longstanding corporate social responsibility initiatives, which are focused on uplifting the community, promoting a better quality of life, social cohesion and economic mobility, also come to the fore.
“Against the backdrop of increasingly intense discourse on climate change and other ongoing crises, as well as urgent calls to redouble efforts for collective action, our inaugural sustainability report aims to provide greater transparency and accountability to all our stakeholders. We hope to offer deeper insights on our long-term ambition in creating growth that is inclusive and sustainable, and the steps we are taking towards a transparent and credible sustainability agenda as we strive to improve the world for future generations,” said Stephen Miller, President & Group CEO of STT.
2021 Report Highlights
Environmental Stewardship – Enabling a low carbon future
• Pledged to be net-zero carbon by 2022
• Defined Scope 1 and 2 carbon baseline emissions
• Supported a global marketplace for quality voluntary carbon credits
Social Responsibility – Empowering people and enriching lives
• Introduced New Ways of Working policy for flexible working arrangements
• Enhanced Employee Wellness Programme to encourage healthy living and mental wellbeing
• Contributed over S$900,000 to the local community
• Involved 38 employee volunteers (28 unique) over four employee volunteerism activities
Good Governance – Delivering sustained value creation
• Trained 100% employees on cybersecurity and Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
• Achieved the HITRUST Common Security Framework certification
STT’s Sustainability Report covers the period from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021. The disclosures within are reported with reference to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), allowing us to identify, measure, and improve on the company’s impact on our chosen material topics.